Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The New Pope.
 
 
 
I see that the new Pope also happens to be a Jesuit. How interesting! I'm going to ask my publisher to send him a copy of Anthony deMello SJ, The Happy Wanderer.
I've lost touch with matters relating to the Catholic Church but I vaguely remember that in order to be beatified and then canonised, proof of miracles performed by the candidate in question is necessary. Is this correct? Well in that case, Pope Francis may consider Tony deMello as a candidate for sainthood. Not that this would interest or for that matter please Tony one bit. But it's interesting to note that before he died in 1987 and for twenty five years after his death, Tony has continued to perform miracles (in spite of the Vatican trying to stifle him) through his books and audio and video conferences. I get messages from people telling me that Tony changed their lives.
So while he (Tony) may not have performed physical miracles like restoring sight, curing cancer and repairing broken limbs, he certainly performed the miracle of getting people to see. From the messages I receive, Tony is changing lives and bringing freedom to many people. They have thrown away their crutches (of blind faith and obedience) and where they once crawled, they now fly. This could be the only stumbling block (according to the Vatican) in his path to sainthood. Thousands, if not millions of Tony admirers and followers will disagree!



No comments:

Post a Comment