Saturday, September 21, 2013

I am not remotely tempted to return to the church I left fifty years ago. I occasionally do go into a church to attend the wedding of friends, a funeral of a dear one or to witness the baptism of a baby. But I do not need to be within the confines of a church, no matter how simple or grand the structure, to find my way in this world. I have always found the hierarchy pompous, self-righteous and unsympathetic toward the poor and marginalised in society.
So it is with great pleasure that I welcome pope Francis to my blog today, after reading this interview. I can see from his words, I don't need to belong to the church or any organised sect or religion; that I am welcome as a human being no matter what my beliefs. I would like to share this interview with you my friends. This man brings great hope for world unity. Here is the link:
http://americamagazine.org/pope-interview

No comments:

Post a Comment