Saturday, October 15, 2011

There are many reasons which prompted me to re-write that short biography and convert it into a book. One of my main reasons was to bring Tony's works to the attention of young people. This quote from one of my young correspondents( 22 years of age) urges me on:
I actually have 'Awareness' as a book which is basically the sound clips written down. I just wish there was more of Tony speaking and more of his work published as what he speaks of to me is so simple yet so hard to achieve but is something that we must strive to achieve in order to be truly free.I was originally quite a devout Hindu being raised in a Hindu household, however science, reason and rationality won the battle of my mind growing up as I slowly begun to believe that either Nietzsche was right and God is dead or he never existed at all. Tony has given me so much to ponder and absorb and I remember feeling so devastated when I found out he had died so abruptly and at such a young age. I had hoped to meet such an enlightened person if anything to thank him for what he had 'given' me through his words.
Bhav.

No comments:

Post a Comment