Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's how you ask that gets the results you want!


Learning from theWisdom of children.
My son had to drop off some papers to a business associate on his way home from work. Because it was school holidays, he had brought his
six year old daughter into work with him and had no choice but to take her with him. He gave Lili strict instructions Not to Ask for Anything while they were there, not anticipating he would be spending too much time at the venue.
They arrived, were invited in and the lady of the house promptly took my granddaughter into the kitchen with her, leaving the men to discuss business.
Moments later, Lily appeared with something in her hand, munching away at it with great delight. My son wondered whether she had indeed disobeyed his instructions but let the matter be and on their way home, did not think of asking her what had transpired.
Some days later, this business associate came over to a meeting at our office and he said, “You have a lovely granddaughter and she is
smart as well.” I told him I was well aware of this but asked him why he made that statement. Here’s what he said:
When she went into the kitchen with my wife, she was asked if she wanted anything and Lili said, “Well, I have been told not to ask for anything; but if You want to offer Me something, I won’t say NO!”


No comments:

Post a Comment