Saturday, January 3, 2015

This is what religion is all about….. A joke I received recently.
Out of curiosity, I decided to go to a local Mosque for the first time.
 I knelt down on a prayer mat and followed the lead of others and touched my head to my mat; the Imam came up to me, laid his hands on me and said, “By the will of Allah and the Prophet, Mohammed, you will walk today.”
I told the Imam, “I am not paralysed”. 
After the prayers were completed, I stepped outside to a beautiful sunny day and, lo and behold.....my bike had been stolen!!!!

You think this is funny?
Before you have a good laugh at the expense of Islam…. substitute Mosque with Church, Temple, Synagogue or any other place of worship- the ‘Imam’ with the respective authoritative figures in these places of worship- add the respective Gods - and you have the basics of conditioning.
It brings to mind a story from one of my brother’s books, Prayer of the Frog Volume One-
An elderly woman who was an enthusiastic gardener declared that she had no faith whatsoever in predictions that someday scientists would learn to control the weather. According to her all that was needed to control the weather was prayer.
Then one summer, while she was away on a foreign trip, a drought hit the land and wiped out her entire garden. She was so upset when she got back that she changed her religion.

She should have changed her silly beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment