Friday, November 8, 2013

Hello everyone,
Some of you may have heard of or have a copy of a book of meditations  published by Gujarat Sahitya Prakash, titled Call to Love, Meditations-Anthony deMello(1991). A couple of years later, Doubleday/Image published the same book titled- The Way to Love aimed at North American and European readers. The book originated from meditations composed by Tony which were found in his room after he died, in 1987. Thank goodness, someone saw fit to preserve these priceless gems and publish them!
Some years ago, one of my correspondents from the USA told me that she kept her pocket size copy of The Way to Love in the glove compartment of her car. During the long wait at a railroad crossing, she used to read a meditation or two from the book stashed in her glove box. She found the meditations very meaningful and benefitted from what she thought was one of my brothers best books. This doesn't surprise me because I would go a step further and say that Call to Love is in my opinion, Tony's BEST work. The meditations do not dwell on religion, faith or belief. They point to a structure we have adapted in our lives, as a result of our conditioning and programming. The meditations offer solutions on how best to undo the damage that was done by this programming. I continue to  benefit enormously from this book. I have opened my eyes and finally begun to see!
After giving it much consideration and having consulted with a few people, I concluded that my correspondent as well as others would appreciate an audio version of this brilliant collection of daily reflections/meditations. Why 'read' when one can 'listen' to the meditations instead? I'm sure it would be so much better to sit in the privacy of one's surrounds, even in one's car, in the hustle and bustle of traffic, listen and contemplate/meditate? With this in mind, I have recorded ten meditations titled Call to Love Part- I.
I concede, the voice in this album is not Tony's-it is mine. However, I have recorded the first ten meditations with the utmost respect and love for my brother and I sincerely hope that I have done justice to him by recording these meditations.
I am definitely NOT conducting or instructing. I have merely taken the words from my brother's book and read them to share with others.
The album is now available through iTunes as well as Amazon MP3 and Spotify. Should you decide to avail yourself of a copy for your own personal use or for that matter, to conduct group sessions with friends be aware that in doing so, you are helping a needy child. After royalties are paid to Gujarat Sahitya Prakash (for the right to record these meditations), proceeds from the sale of the album will be donated equally between UNICEF and Jesuit Mission.
You can listen to samples of each meditation and purchase your copy by clicking on the link below. Hover your mouse on each meditation and click it to hear the short sample. After sampling the album if you are satisfied, you  may purchase your copy.
Your feed back is important. I would be very grateful if you could also forward this message to like minded people on your contact list. The more copies sold means more funds for these two organisations to help needy children.  Please go to this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/call-to-love-pt.1/id734467873
With love and gratitude to all,
Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment